[Last Updated: May 21, 2018]
Below we describe what information we collect when you use our Services, how we protect that information, how long we retain it, with whom do we share it, and what your privacy options are.
We have included below information about which data is collected, how we process and use your data, but before we would like to explain the basis on which we do so:
1) Where you sign up for any of our services, we process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you;
2) If we have a legitimate interest in processing data, such as for direct marketing or online identifiers; or
3) We will also process your personal data where you have provided us with consent to do so.
What information do we collect about you?
The first type of information we collect is aggregated, non-personal non-identifiable information which may be made available or gathered via the users' use of the Services (" Non-Personal Information"). We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-Personal Information is collected. We may disclose or share this information with third parties as specified below and solely if applicable. We collect the following Non-Personal Information from you when you access or use the Services: the type of browser you are using as well as operating system, your time zone, the date and time you access the Service, screen resolution, browser and operating system language, default search, country, etc.
We also collect information regarding your usage of the Services locally on your device, this information includes, among others, pages browsed and content viewed, offers and services that interest you, the time and date of your search, etc.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or entity or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (" Personal Information"). The Personal Information we collect on or through the Services includes the following:
Note that, while these identifiers are considered personally identifiable information in many jurisdictions (such as the EEA), there are some jurisdictions in which such data sets are not considered as Personal Data. Therefore, we treat such information as Personal Data, in accordance with applicable laws. The data collected may be also stored on your device. Please see opt - out options below.
The Personal Information voluntary provided by you is used solely to correspond with you and comply with your requests.
For avoidance of doubt, in the event Non-Personal Information is combined with Personal Information we will treat it as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the Personal Information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
• verify your eligibility for our Services;
• respond to your queries with the best possible answers and search results;
• understand our users and provide a better Service;
• the legitimate interest of operating and updating the Service and provide you with existing and new functionality and features;
• administer our Services, diagnose technical problems and otherwise manage our business;
• to provide you with communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you in accordance with your preferences.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated or anonymized information and statistics about your use of the Services to third parties for analytical and strategic purposes. However, no user of our Services will be individually identifiable from the aggregated or anonymized information and statistics.
We collect Non-Personal Information for the following purposes
· The legitimate interest of operating the service.
How do we share the information we collect?
We will not share the Personal Information collected about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We will share your information in the following ways:
• Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners ("Service Providers"): We may share your data with our Services Providers who process your information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our Service Providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else, or using it for other purposes.
• Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
• Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
• We may disclose or share identifiers collected by us (as detailed above), for the purpose of operating our business and providing the Services, as well as to calculate payments and detect fraud, security or technical issues in connection with the Service;
Cookies and Online Advertising
There are two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or device, and (2) third party cookies, which are served by a third party.
Cookies may store search queries made through the Service, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Service, features you used, your session duration and your configurations and preferences of the Service. Such cookies and other technologies allow us and our partners to recognize you on your next use of, access or visit to the Service or on your visits or access to our partner's network. In addition, our cookies enable us to recognize you when you visit our Site and to store your preferences and settings. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance or analytics, advertising and social media purposes. Cookies from advertising companies, for example, help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent. However, some functions of the Service may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Applicable data protection and privacy laws may provide you with the ability to exercise some user rights regarding your Personal Information collected by the Company (which might be different in each jurisdiction). The user rights are as follow;
(i) you may request to access your Personal Information that we hold; (ii) you may request the rectification of your Personal Data that we hold; (iii) you may request the erasure of your Personal Information that we hold (as long as we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining the data); (iv) you may request to restrict processing of your Personal Information; (v) you may object to processing of your Personal Information by us; (vi) you may request to exercise your right of data portability; (vii) you may exercise your right to file a complaint to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction; and (viii) you have the right to withdraw consent.
To exercise any of the above user rights, please contact us at: email@example.com. In the event you make such request, note that we may require certain information from you in order to verify your identity and locate your data and that the process of locating and deleting the data may take up until one (1) month, in accordance with applicable laws. Data privacy and related laws in your jurisdiction may provide you with different or additional rights related to the data we collect from you, which may also apply. Please note we may charge a small fee for such request, all in accordance with applicable laws.
Transfer of Data
How do we keep the information we collect secure?
Your privacy is very important to the Company and therefore we are committed to protecting your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures for the Services that comply with applicable laws and industry standards. The Personal Information collected by the Company is stored in the Google Big Query Cloud servers, for more information regarding the data security provided by Google, please see: https://cloud.google.com/security/ .
Company seeks to minimize the amount of data that it stores on its servers in the first place. If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted gain unauthorized access to the Personal Information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, in the event of a data incident, in which we discover your Personal Information may be at risk, then we will take reasonable efforts to notify you and the applicable authority (if required, subject to applicable laws).
How long do we keep the information we collect?
We retain the Non-Personal Information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
Further, we retain your Personal Information such as IP Address, for up until a period of six (6) months, all in accordance with applicable laws.
Amendments and Updates